There are many ways for you to be a part of our community. Take a look at all of the possibilities below, let us know what you are interested in and we can get you started.
- Drop-off Day: Every year, we partner with the City to organize Drop-off Day. The event allows residents to properly dispose of trash, appliances, electronics, mattresses and more. We need at least 50 volunteers for the event!
- National Night Out: A night when neighbors get together and celebrate locally, or to join our community wide celebration of our diversity at National Night Out.
- Community Gardens: This program allows residents to use a piece of land for the growing season. As a gardener, you may decide what to plant, and what to do with what you grow.
- Recycling: District 1 is a community of people who recycle. Curbside pick up every Wednesday morning makes it easy for you to recycle too!
- Block Clubs: Block clubs are a great way to get to know your neighbors and help to make neighborhoods a safer place for everyone. Create or join yours today.
- Earth Day Clean-Up: The event began in 1993 and since that time, the Battle Creek Clean-Up has grown to over 300 volunteers who collect several tons of trash and debris each year!
- Citizen Committees: If you would like to have an impact on how our communities operate, these City and County committees are the perfect opportunity.
- Neighborhood Awards: Every year each district council names individuals or organizations who have made significant contributions to our neighborhoods.
- Join the SouthEast Community Organization: We share knowledge and power, organize and advocate for the people living in our neighborhoods, building leadership to work for social and racial justice.