There are many ways for you to be a part of our community. Take a look at all of the possibilities below, let us know what you are interested in and we can get you started.
- Drop-off Day: Every year, we partner with the City to organize Drop-off Day. The event allows residents to properly dispose of trash, appliances, electronics, mattresses and more. We need at least 50 volunteers for the event!
- Housing Justice: Join us in our work to ensure that the renters in our community know and understand the ordinances designed to protect them Participate in our current work to support rent stabilization, and future initiatives that create safe and affordable homes for ALL St. Paul families.
- Community Gardens: This program allows residents to use a piece of land for the growing season. As a gardener, you may decide what to plant, and what to do with what you grow.
- Recycling: District 1 is a community of people who recycle. Curbside pick up every Wednesday morning makes it easy for you to recycle too!
- Block Clubs: Block clubs are a great way to get to know your neighbors and help to make neighborhoods a safer place for everyone. Create or join yours today.
- Earth Day Clean-Up: The event began in 1993 and since that time, the Battle Creek Clean-Up has grown to over 300 volunteers who collect several tons of trash and debris each year!
- Citizen Committees: If you would like to have an impact on how our communities operate, these City and County committees are the perfect opportunity. Complete an interest form, or call us for more information.
- Join the Southeast Community Organization: We share knowledge and power, organize and advocate for the people living in our neighborhoods, building leadership to work for social and racial justice.