Be ready for overnight closures beginning tonight. These closures are needed as crews shift traffic and prepare for work ahead.
· Beginning at 7 p.m., the left lane of eastbound I-94 between Marion St. and Mounds Blvd. will be closed until 10 p.m.
· Beginning at 10 p.m., the double right lane of eastbound I-94 between Marion St. and Mounds Blvd. will be closed until 5 a.m. Friday morning.
· Two ramps will be closed between 10 p.m. Thursday and 5 a.m. Friday morning. These include the northbound Hwy 52 ramp to eastbound I-94 and the Broadway St. ramp to eastbound I-94.
· Beginning at 7:00 p.m., the right lane of westbound I-94 between TH 61 and Mounds Blvd. will be closed until 6:00 a.m. Friday morning.
Ramp Closures and Detours
Beginning on Thursday, April 21, at 10:00 p.m., crews will be closing the eastbound I-94 ramp to E. 7th Street in St. Paul.
This closure was delayed from earlier this week. Crews have posted a detour. We’ll reopen this ramp by early June, weather permitting.
Over the next several weeks, the following ramp closures will be in effect. Each closure is expected for 2 weeks.
· Beginning Monday, April 25, at 7 a.m., the Century Ave. ramp to eastbound I-94 will be closed. Crews will have posted a detour.
· Beginning Monday, April 25, at 9 a.m., the westbound I-94 ramp to Century Ave. will be closed. Crews will have posted a detour.
· Beginning on Wednesday, April 27, at 9:00 a.m., the westbound I-94 ramp to Ruth St. will be closed. Crews will have posted a detour.
· Beginning on Friday, April 29, at 7:00 a.m., the eastbound I-94 ramp to White Bear Ave. will be closed. Crews will have posted a detour.
Closure durations and time frames are all approximate and weather dependent.
Once the project kicks into full gear in the next several weeks, crews will close the westbound lanes of I-94 and provide at least two lanes of traffic in each direction traveling on the eastbound lanes.
If you’re not already signed up to receive I-94 project updates, please sign up atmndot.gov/i94eastmetro.
Want to see what's happening in a month at a glance? Check our Calendar.
*Note: Some months may contain more than one month's newsletter.